[TYPO3-dev] Performance improvement: caching of MENUDATA

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Wed Dec 30 15:46:18 CET 2009

Am 22.12.09 09:23, schrieb Peter Niederlag:
> Hello,
>
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Steffen Gebert schrieb:
> [...]
>> Let's rewrite the menu generation and do the cache in a proper way, i
>> think this is the best, as tslib_menu anyway has the state of a dinosaur
>
> I am still very confident that caching is the WRONG approach here.
>
> The queries/indexes need to be optimized (functions, procedures,
> triggers..), manual managing a cache just to get a menu/tree structure
> from a VERY simple data model(pid, sorting) still is WRONG IMO. I am
> glad this thread strengthens my view. ;)

100% with you.
Important thing:
We need to settle for a set of RDBMS TYPO3 will support.
As long as we stick to ALL adoDB supported DBs, we will never be able to
take advantage of fast things like triggers, view sproc etc.

All really interesting DBs allow to have these, Oracle, MSSQL, Postgres,
DB2.

IMHO: drop support for the other DBs and lets keep speeding up things.
Btw... this isn't really the first time that a cache slowed down TYPO3.

--
TYPO3 certified interrogator
T3DD09 Entertainer