[TYPO3-dev] Info: new static tables

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Dec 27 11:54:26 CET 2009

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi David,
>
>> 2) "Static Sex" for human and zoological classification of sexual gender:
>> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/settings/extension-mdb_static_sex
>> or here:
>> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/mdb_static_sex/current/
>
> I must say I prefer active sex... and seeing your extension at the top
> of the list this morning in the TER was really a hoot!
>
> Seriously though, this is a typical case of bad English usage and I
> strongly suggest you rename your extension. In such a case the word to
> use is "gender". In English "sex" really means "making love" so your
> extension sounds more like it's a list of bordellos. Sorry.

BTW, have a look at ISO 5218 "Information technology — Codes for the
representation of human sexes". At least in 2004 it wasn't thought to be so offending not to be fit
for usage in the title of a standard.

Masi

PS: Incredible that this is a standard at all. ... and it is also the only ISO standard I know of
the can be obtained from ISO free of charge.