[TYPO3-dev] Naming-conventions and the "auto"-loader

Felix Oertel post at typo3felix.de
Fri Dec 25 23:46:48 CET 2009

Hi you guys,

first of all: happy christmas !
(I think I will avoid ascii-art rudolph)

As I took a closer look on the "auto"-loader I recognized this hole
registry-thing. IMHO an autoloader should be able to load a classfile
automaticly, without the need of getting a registry-update before.

This allready happens for Tx_ files (extensions built with extbase), but
not the TYPO3 core-files.

I thought about correcting the violations of naming conventions (class
t3lib_pageSelector in class.t3lib_page.php e. g.) and giving the
autoloader the ability to load files directly. (Should be possible
following the conventions.)

We could keep the autoloader_core.php as a backup to register files, not
following the conventions (thus this should be avoided). Probably it
would be a good idea to rename it anyways. ;-)

As I think this would be quiet a bit of work, I wanted to ask what you
guys think about it.

With kind regards,

Felix Oertel
typo3felix.de