[TYPO3-dev] Info: new static tables

David Bruchmann typo3-dev at bruchmann-web.de
Tue Dec 22 10:11:31 CET 2009

Hi Masi,

> "gender" tends to be more used to describe the social or cultural differences between male and
> female, "sex" more the biological ones.

There is a nice article about that difference on wikipedia too:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender

This difference was also mentioned in [1] and that was the reason for my
decision to take sex as part of the key.
Perhaps it's unusual for some people to use that word because it sounds
very offensive.

At least my choice wasn't wrong and I'm glad you posted that definition
so clear and unambiguous.

Best Regards
David

1)