[TYPO3-dev] FE user logout - where?

Pero Matic pero at matic.com
Mon Dec 21 21:05:20 CET 2009

Peter Russ wrote:

> There will always be a session IF user accepted cookies, also for
> logout users ;-)
>
> The question for me is: how did you implement your login extension ...
> Maybe there the error comes from.

Yes, but i still don't know why logoff function is called on every page. Why
to logoff somebody that is even not logged in?

My "login form" ext. is implemented this way. There is a login link (no
form, just ordinary link) that looks like something like this:

http://site.com/index.php?id=20&logintype=login

so this logintype var that is in "normal" conditions put in a hidden form
field is now GET var. This is working fine, i can log in (i made one more
auth. service ext. that checks authentication on some other service). After
logging in i display logout link that looks like this:

http://site.com/index.php?id=20&logintype=logout

but after i click this logout link FE user session is not destroyed.

I'm not sure if i need to call logoff method manualy because i didn't (i
just put that GET var in URL). Looking the source of some other auth. ext. i
didn't find such method call but maybe i have to investigate little more.
Some auth. docs would be helpfull but didn't find much.