[TYPO3-dev] Info: new static tables

David Bruchmann typo3-dev at bruchmann-web.de
Mon Dec 21 20:51:22 CET 2009

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Tobias Wendorff <tobwen at gmx.de>
Gesendet:   Montag, 21. Dezember 2009 15:11:26
An:         dirk.olten at googlemail.com
Betreff:    Re: [opengeodb] Komplettierung der GeoDB bei Stadtteilen
und	Postleitzahlen
> Could this maybe be a part of the already existing static_info_tables
> extensions or maybe named as ex. Static info tables - Airports (
> static_info_tables_airports ) so we got some kind of "namespace" for
> the static info tables?

Hi Søren,

I thought the namespace is given through the keyword "static_".
Regarding some other tables the names aren't (senseless) longer:
  static_cities_copy
  static_countries
  static_country_zones
  static_currencies
  static_languages
  static_markets
  static_template
  static_territories
  static_tsconfig_help

Including the table in other extensions doesn't really make sense (I
think) because it's hard to maintain a table like that and data should
be separated by country so that maintenance can be done by different
persons - even if it's the same table.

Nevertheless I'm interested in an universal solution and any hard
arguments i.e. for another tablename could convince me to change the
extension.
Concerning the namespace of the ext-key I think that "static_cities"
perhaps shouldn't hold german cities but only the blank table (and
perhaps a wrapper-class to fetch the data).
National Data then should be inserted by separated extensions.

What do you think about it?

Best Regards
David