[TYPO3-dev] tslib_cObj::fillInArray

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Thu Dec 17 11:31:07 CET 2009

Hi,

Peter Russ schrieb:
> BUT...
> old version without the type declaration had the advantage to get
> markerarray filled with empty string, if a fieldlist was provided but no
> record/row or no record was found.
>
> "New" version creates IMHO more overhead as is has to be checked on each
> place if a query returns a row before using fillInArray
>
> I think that should be fixed here.

The API documentation is clear on this:

/**
 * Adds elements to the input $markContentArray based on the values from
 * the fields from $fieldList found in $row
 *
 * @param	array		Array with key/values being marker-strings/substitution
values.
 * @param	array		An array with keys found in the $fieldList (typically a
record) which values should be moved to the $markContentArray

So either the documentation is wrong (and has been for ages), or the
type hinting was just enforcing the already existing contract.

Or I've just misunderstood your posting. :-)

Oli
--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Security Team Member