[TYPO3-dev] Websockets - APE

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Dec 16 13:51:47 CET 2009

On Dec 10, 2009, at 8:19 AM, Jörg Schaller wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> websockets could be one of the most interesting pieces of technology
> to come along in the near future. It allows for real time updates of
> webpages without reloading.
>
> Here's an open source implementation done in javascript which is
> browser-independent, maybe this could be interesting as well for
> interactive applications in Typo3:
>
> http://www.ape-project.org/en/ajax-push.html
Adobe does something like this already for a long time.

Also, make sure you understand the consequences when using this method,
it's not at all that resource friendly.

I also don't believe that PHP is capable if doing server pushes at all
though.
With java does works just fine and currently used a lot on chatroom
sort of websites.

Ries