[TYPO3-dev] is it time for PHP5.2.1 now?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 11:20:14 CET 2009

Hi!

On 08/12/2009 13:14, Ries van Twisk wrote:
> Because there are large companies that cannot easily switch to a newer
> version of software XYZ.

If a large company still uses PHP4, it means only one thing: bad admins at that company. PHP4 even has no security updates. If somebody still uses it, it is totally unprofessional. I am not going to support or promote unprofessional and lazy behavior :)

> Not that you need to support your latest extension with a lower version
> number, but you cannot ignore
> the fact that some companies use a strategy for updating software.

It is very slooooooooooooooow strategy if they still use PHP 4 :) I really do not want to care about such big but stupid companies :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
"Trust me, I am a doctor!" (c) Gregory House, M.D.