[TYPO3-dev] is it time for PHP5.2.1 now?

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue Dec 8 13:01:04 CET 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 6:39 AM, Georg Ringer wrote:

> Ries van Twisk schrieb:
>> Because there are large companies that cannot easily switch to a
>> newer
>> version of software XYZ.
>
> this is not a problem but you can't get B without having A!
>
> So it is perfect for the company if they are using 4.1.x as TYPO3
> version and the extension z with version 1.0.0.
>
> If extension z gets some new features in 2.0.0 nobody can say: Oh this
> features need to be backported to 1.0.0 because a) nobody will pay and
> b) most features just won't work there.
>
> It is like the funny people who update everything else like the
> browser
> and wondering why some new features won't work with older TYPO3.
>
> You just can't get both!
> Georg

Georg,

nobody is saying that features need to get back-ported.

I was responding to Dmitry saying : "I switched to PHP 5.2 in April.
If somebody uses obsolete software, why do I care? :)"

Please read back and see the messages in the right context.

			regards, Ries van Twisk

tags: Freelance TYPO3 Glassfish JasperReports JasperETL Flex Blaze-DS
WebORB PostgreSQL DB-Architect
email: ries at vantwisk.nl        web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/
skype: callto://r.vantwisk
Phone: +1-810-476-4196    Cell: +593 9901 7694                   SIP:
+1-747-690-5133