[TYPO3-dev] Send email on stop date

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Dec 7 12:01:04 CET 2009

Hi,

> is there a recommended way to perform an action after a records stop
> date is reached such as sending an email out? what will be the best way
> to do that? daily cronjob on a custom php script that checks for the
> last 86400 seconds?

There's nothing in the TYPO3 core that will do that for you, so you
would have to go with a custom script. Now if you're using 4.3 I would
strongly advise to do this as a Scheduler task and not as an independent
PHP script. If you run 4.2 or less, you can use extension "gabriel"
(which is the forerunner of the Scheduler), but it's not as well
documented (and you would need to take the SVN version from Forge,
because the public version from TER is totally outdated).

HTH

--

Francois Suter