[TYPO3-dev] Meta Tags

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Fri Dec 4 20:55:07 CET 2009

Jason Alexander schrieb:
> Hey guys,
>
> So I have seen several ways on how to add meta tags to Typo3. Whether it is via TypoScript or a extension or even using the Advance page section. I am wondering though if you guys have a "best practices" approach with dealing with inserting meta tags. I am looking for a viable way for our content contributors to add meta data to their pages without using any TypoScript.
>
> Any suggestions??

My Suggestion would be this:

- Use the fields in the Pages table
Use this TS (from memory, results may vary :))
page.meta.KEYWORDS = blabla my funky default keywords
page.meta.KEYWORDS.override.field = keywords
page.meta.DESCRIPTION = blabla my funky default description
page.meta.DESCRIPTION.override.field = description

This will load the default keywords from TS unless an editor has entered
  other data in the pages records.

cheers
Mathias

--