[TYPO3-dev] Hard-coded sizelimit for TypoScript inlucde files in t3lib/class.t3lib_tsparser.php->checkIncludeLines

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Fri Dec 4 16:36:06 CET 2009

Andreas Kundoch schrieb:
> Thanks ;-) But I asked if there's a pure technical reason for this, not
> if it would be good style to do so (in this case also a +1 from me). At
> last someone made the decision in the parser to set this limit and I
> think there must be a technical reason for this since it is not
> documented elsewhere and a template in the database may contain only
> less lines since it is a TEXT field (if I got this right).

There is no technical necessity to do so.
But this is the same issue with an index in a database.
There is no technical necessity to set an index, even if it takes the
query 2 hours to complete.

Bottomline:
Change the line, if you need to - but still it might (not "will") affect
the performance of your site.

cheers
Mathias

--