[TYPO3-dev] XCLASS of t3lib_userAuthGroup not working

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Dec 4 12:43:25 CET 2009

Georg Ringer schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> can somebody help me with a small problem.
> I can't get it working to XCLASS t3lib_userAuthGroup.

IIRC the cause is that the class is itself extended by TYPO3 (for BE). So you must put your code
into the final class.

Note: that clearly shows that a) TYPO3 doesn't use many class hierarchies and b) XLASSes are not
compatible with class hierarchies.

Masi

PS: I think that the issue could be resolved with the autoloader. The idea is that the autoloader
doesn't load the original class, but an amended one. So you can a) modify a non-final class and b)
use more than one modification at once.