[TYPO3-dev] Multiple Authors of one extension

David Bruchmann typo3-dev at bruchmann-web.de
Thu Dec 3 23:05:34 CET 2009

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Marcus Krause <marcus#exp2009 at t3sec.info>
Gesendet:   Donnerstag, 3. Dezember 2009 22:07:40
An:         typo3-dev at lists.typo3.org
CC:
Betreff:    Re: [TYPO3-dev] Multiple Authors of one extension
> Franz Holzinger schrieb:
>> bernd wilke a écrit :
>>> in this way we don't need changes in TER and EM. who would make all
>>> those changes? IMHO those people could do better (more needed) things.
>> Why should more persons contribute to voluntary unpaid work if they are
>> not mentioned anywhere? [skipped the rest]
>
> Even now, they could mentioned in the changelog, manual and or as
> comment to their code contributions in files.
>
> Take the ext_emconf.php author field as "maintainer". Then this is
> either a single person or an agency that are able to be contacted by one
> single mail address.

Intention of the thread was not to find somwhere a place to write
something but to improve existing logic.

Reading in TER that an extension was developed by two or three wellknown
developers the extension will enjoy more public confidence than those a
single person has written. And reading 20 manuals for galleries isn't
really funny to make a descision.
Beside ranging, amount of downloads and the Backend-Feature "reviewed"
it can become another category for quality - without reading any files.

The arguments of ROI and work are right but nobody is obligated to write
a single line - it's done by those people who like doing the work. So I
don't understand the passive message "keep it like it is".

Best Regards
David