[TYPO3-dev] MM-MM-tables?

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Dec 3 18:55:53 CET 2009

>>> I have a mm-relation between two tables (let's call them fe_users
>>> and mycat). For each relation there must be extra configuration in
>>> the shape of a relation to one or more locations.
>> Did you try that:
>> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Inline_Relational_Record_Editing
>
> I briefly thought about IRRE, but the connecting table is still an
> MM-table (although the relationship is not always many to many) with
> only the uids of two of the related tables.

Each table that comes with its own TCA settings can be made editable in the
Backend.
Especially with IRRE (but not exclusively) this is true for MM-tables as
well.
You can just add the necessary fields like uid, pid and others, give it a
TCA and fill in the field that will be connected to the locations via the
second MM table later on.

Take a look at the examples given in the tutorial:
http://www.wurm.thomas-hirt.at/images/group-shows/example-folder-4/example-s
ubfolder-3.html

HTH

Joey