[TYPO3-dev] MM-MM-tables?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 3 14:43:10 CET 2009

Hi list,

I have a mm-relation between two tables (let's call them fe_users and
mycat). For each relation there must be extra configuration in the shape
of a relation to one or more locations.

Schematic view:
fe_users  ->  mm-table  ->  mycat

plus:

mm-table  -> mm2-table  ->  location

The second relation is /not/ a relation between the category and the
location, but between the category selection made by the user and one or
more locations. Each user can make relations to different locations for
a particular category.

It's not a problem to build this in a database and to use it an
extension, but I was wondering if there are ways to do this in a TYPO3
way, with support in the TCA and API functions?

Regards, Jigal.