[TYPO3-dev] Non-standard BE path

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Wed Dec 2 12:30:03 CET 2009

Hi,
I'm running a site that has a non-standard BE path. I originally
followed the instructions at
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_inside/4.1.0/view/3/11/#id4054973

However, in recent versions it has become increasingly difficult to use
a BE path other than 'typo3/'. In 4.3 there is now a hardcoded 'typo3/'
in
typo3/sysext/install/updates/class.tx_coreupdates_installnewsysexts.php
and the BE JS seems to get messed up by the change (e.g. collapsed
parts of the tree cannot be expanded any more).

I realise that it is not encouraged to change the BE path. However, it
is a nice simple measure to keep script from putting the server under
unnecessary load. I'm happy to report back for every release what it
takes to get the non-standard path going. However, for 4.3 I'd be very
grateful for a hint about the JS BE path dependency.

Cheers,
Christian