[TYPO3-dev] 4.3 Install Tool looking with ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL

Christian Leicht usenet at schani.com
Wed Dec 2 10:34:11 CET 2009

Steffen Gebert schrieb:
> Am 01.12.2009, 15:01 Uhr, schrieb Christian Leicht <usenet at schani.com>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> i have since 4.3 the problem that i can´t open the Install tool from BE.
>> Of course, I have created the Install tool enable File in Settings.
>> The file is toched. If i use the external Link
>> www.domain.de/typo3/install everything works fine. But not from the BE.
>>
>> Today i changed my PHP register_global to "On" an now the Install Tool
>> works from BE.
>>
>> Is this a bug ore a feature?
>> I dont like to run my PHP in register_globals on.
>
> What means "does not work"? Do you get the message that install tool is
> locked?
>
> It doesn't rely on register_globals for sure.
>
> Steffen

Hello Steffen,

yes

I have testet it with register_globals On - and i can use the Install
Tool inside BE. With register_globals OFF - i can only use it direct
(www.domain.de/typo3/install). In both the File ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL exist.

Christian

####
The Install Tool is locked.

Fix: Create a file typo3conf/ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL
This file may simply be empty.

For security reasons, it is highly recommended to rename
or delete the file after the operation is finished.

If the file is older than 1 hour TYPO3 has automatically
deleted it, so it needs to be created again.
####