[TYPO3-dev] scheduler script in TYPO3 4.3

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Dec 1 23:05:34 CET 2009

Hi,

> TYPO3 claims to be a ECMS. Therefore:
> -1 on REST
> +1 on SOAP

If TYPO3 is a ECMS it should support multiple remote call methods. SOAP
sounds nice in project managers' mouth and is beautiful from a
theoretical point of view, but it's awfully slow and a pain in the butt
to use in practice. Not to mention incompatibilities between
implementations (like Apache Axis and PHP). The more I use SOAP, the
more I hate it.

So openness to various protocols would be the key in my eyes, although
it definitely complicates matter, especially since SOAP behaves very
differently.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter