[TYPO3-dev] index on cache_hash ident field

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Tue Dec 1 20:47:23 CET 2009

hi

I would not call myself and database expert so I'd like to ask you:
should not there be an index created on filed "ident" in table
"cache_hash" ?

Typical use of ident in cache hash would be
SELECT * FROM cache_hash WHERE ident = 'foobar'
DELETE FROM cache_hash WHERE ident = 'foobar'

so the index on 'ident' would play his part quite well here, I think.

With hundred thousands records simple "DELETE FROM cache_hash WHERE
ident = 'foobar'" create quite huge time lag (about minute).

What's your opinion?

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz