[TYPO3-dev] Announce: Released enetcache to forge

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Tue Dec 1 13:27:24 CET 2009

Christian Kuhn wrote:

>> Few questions:
>> 1. Do you have a tt_news 3.0.0. that use enetcache? Can you provide a
>> patch against tt_news 3.0.0. It would be great to test it on a real
>> case :)
>
> No, unfortunately we didn't use tt_news 3.0.0 so far. For an own project
> we wrote a wrapper extension to tt_news 2.5.2 that does a lot more
> things. This extension uses enetcache and handles tt_news as a black box
> (we had nearly no code change in tt_news). In fact its pretty easy to
> set up such a wrapper ext, the interface that comes with enetcache helps
> a bit here, too.

Is there any problem to share that tt_news wrapper?
I think everyone uses tt_news and if someone would want to check in real
if enetcache works it would be for sure tt_news case.

I'am using "ttnewscache" together with t"tnewscache_clearlike" but
%LIKE% searching is (as I expected when creating this ext) too slow with
very large cache_pages.
I was preparing to make tt_news tags cache for some time and if you have
it now (tt_news wrapper) I would like to test if it fits my needs. Why
to reinvent the wheel ;) ?

>> I think a good, commonly used extension that would gain a lot could be
>> DAM. Right now if user change fe. "title" of the image in DAM then
>> this change is not automatically reflected in frontend. The dirty
>> solution it to flush the cache for all pages which is such a waste of
>> resources. If every single use of image in the frontend would be
>> tagged this could solve this problem and with your extension this
>> seems to be a quite easy task.
>
> Yes, thats a common use case. Give it a shot, it's not too difficult!

I will try as soon as there will be stable DAM for 4.3.

>> 3. What is the roadmap? Do you have any plans?
>
> - Small diff for the core to realize an extended insert in the db api,
> to many tags at once with dbBackend. Unfortunatly something like that
> was not ready for 4.3.
> - We will experiment with a new cache backend, more information if the
> idea proves to be working.
> - enetcacheanalytics needs some cleanups and a menual.
> - Hope for feedback to prove usefulness of enetcache, handle issues,
> bugs and ideas.
> - Release to TER soon.

Great!

--