[TYPO3-dev] Hackontest 2008 List of Tasks

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Sep 24 12:37:18 CEST 2008

Oliver Hader schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Xavier Perseguers schrieb:

>>> The problem is while editing this information from a command line prompt
>>> using SSH for instance.
>> Set up the encoding of the editor of your choice and rejoice.
>
> Exactly. But on the other hand we could also save the special chars
> encoded as HTML entities. Thus, it would be possible to edit the
> localconf.php file with any SSH editor no matter about the encoding.

Oh come on, there is an interface to edit localconf.php: the installer
and the EM. You shouldn't use an editor to change such simple settings
like the site name.

But I'm fine if the installer also accepts entities, but I really think
this is a waste of time in general as it works perfectly now except for
thos guys who doesn't maanage to use utf-8 and configure forceCharset.

Masi