[TYPO3-dev] FE authentication made on my own

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Sep 23 09:19:08 CEST 2008

Hello,

Back again with this question...

>> User authentication (be it BE or FE) relies an authentication
>> services. So you can take any existing extension (for example,
>> LDAP-related) and look at what it does. You should be able to see how
>> you differentiate between FE and BE usage (your new service can be
>> used for either one or for both) and that should get you on a roll.

All examples I've found (including extension ig_ldap_sso_auth which was
updated recently) somehow "synchronize" external users with TYPO3 FE
users upon login. I came too to this conclusion that it seems that this
step is mandatory.

Can someone confirm that it is not possible to avoid this step?

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html