[TYPO3-dev] FE authentication made on my own

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Sep 16 16:14:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

> I would like to completely subclass the frontend user concept to one of
> my business classes, in order to manage them outside from TYPO3. However
> I would still need the concept of frontend user groups in order to
> restrict access on subtree. I think it should be not so tricky if I am
> able to perform the authentication for frontend users myself.
>
> Does someone have ideas or pointers to useful information for this? I
> only find quite outdated extensions :-/

The extensions may be old, but the concept hasn't changed in a long time :-)

User authentication (be it BE or FE) relies an authentication services.
So you can take any existing extension (for example, LDAP-related) and
look at what it does. You should be able to see how you differentiate
between FE and BE usage (your new service can be used for either one or
for both) and that should get you on a roll.

HTH

--

Francois Suter