[TYPO3-dev] output ends up in white page

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Sep 12 14:04:07 CEST 2008

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> "If you get engine error, unscrew four nuts on the engine top. Next pull
> out four cylinders...". No one would want this in the car manual.
> "Consult your dealer" is the right thing in this case.
>
> Another error message of the same inappropriate technical style
> presented to the user:
> http://tamba2.org.uk/pix/2007/awindowserror.png
>
> * * *
>
> I think these block screen situations are rare. May be some kind of
> error message should be shown. But I am definitely against anything
> technical (like "enable displayErrors"). People should ask their support
> company for help. And company should be educated enough to know what to do.

:-) On the other hand i would like to have some details (not how to
solve ...) instead of "Contact your Admin". BHut you're right not to
overload it with technical details. Showing up that an "internal error"
oocured will help people to know that something got wrong and not that
the site disappeared or something else.

The MS-errors are definitive the worst ones i ever saw. Also the nice
blue screen with the stack info which helps noone.

vg Steffen