[TYPO3-dev] output ends up in white page

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Sep 12 13:57:32 CEST 2008

Franz Holzinger schrieb:
> Hello Steffen,
>
>> this is a wellknown situation, but many users don't know what to do if
>> they end up in white page.
>
> It would be fine to send an email to the admin in such a case which
> contains more details:
> The extension which has caused this error, the SQL message which did not
> execute.
> There is already an extension myDashboard. It would be fine to add a new
> entry there with the latest 20 errors and details which did happen in FE
> or BE.
> A TYPO3 wide error number and error indices (error parameters, back
> trace) could help to find the location and reason for an error. Each
> TYPO3 function should add a global error number in error case and add
> error indices with more details. The calling function will then also add
> an indice. The last caller will make an entry.
> TYPO3 shall send the error infos as an email to the admin with
> suggestions how to solve this issue.
>
> - Franz

Hi Franz,

good idea. But this could end up in hundred of mails. Think about this
happens at the Weekend and many users call the page.

We already have the devlog extension which saves the errors in DB. Maybe
an email has to be send if first devlog entry happens on a page.

My first intention also was for the user, maybe page_unavailableHandler
should be called in such case?

vg Steffen