[TYPO3-dev] Problem with pageNotFound_handling and type

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Sep 3 17:34:29 CEST 2008

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> So it is possible to declare ohn http_response_code for the redirect.
>> What do you think of that?
>
> I would check if "Location" is valid with 404 code according to the HTTP
> spec.

after talking to Jeff the problem is more complex.

The question is - if a page type is not configured, is it
pageUnavailable or pageNotFound?

We came to an idea to configure pageTypes used in T3
config.pageTypes = 110,300
(0 is default and not needed here)

For such usecase:

You use 110 for RSS and 300 for ICS. But you disable template for RSS.
Now if someone call the RSS, you will send a 503 (temp. unavailable)

But if someone send a request for type=254 you want to send a 404
because this type never will exist in your setup.

That was the idea so far

vg Steffen