[TYPO3-dev] page cache is not influenced by tt_content.starttime/endtime

Martin Holtz typo3ng_2008 at martinholtz.de
Wed Sep 3 11:28:50 CEST 2008

Hi,

>> So i wrote an extension which checks now all content elements of an page
>> before it is written to page cache. If there is an element with
>> starttime/endtime within the 24hours, the cache expire timestamp is
>> set to
>> that value.
>
> this definitly is something that should be in the core rather than be
> sleeping in some extension...
>
> could you please make a patch and send it to the core list? Looking
> forward to your patch!
No it respects groups permissions via enableFields() but i have not test
it enough.

And i thought about an hook or an global variable where an extension
could check the expire time too.

I think it would be very usefull, if an tt_news plugin could set the
expire-timestamp too, so if an news should be shown the expire-time of
that page would be set to the correct time.

I have two solutions in my mind for that:

1) an global variable where every extension can set the value is - i
think - an easy solution.

2) Using a Hook - it is the comman way and has an clear interface. It
would be easy to recognice that feature. But i think it has much more
"overhead" to intantiate some classes to get an simple integer value.

At the perfomance view i would take solution 1) but from point of
separation and team work, i would take soulution 2)

Can someone give me an comment on that?

thanks,
martin