[TYPO3-dev] Append sheet to existing plugin flexform

Peter Klein peter at umloud.dk
Wed Sep 3 09:25:23 CEST 2008

On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 22:38:21 +0200, Steffen Kamper <info at sk-typo3.de>
wrote:

>Peter Klein schrieb:
>> "Steffen Kamper" <info at sk-typo3.de> wrote in message
>> news:mailman.1.1220290923.20354.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

>>> have a look to Dmitry's comments, you see a possibility to include
>>> complete flexform
>>> <sheets>
>>>   <sDEF>EXT:comments/pi1/flexform_ds_general.xml</sDEF>
>>>   <sAdvanced>EXT:comments/pi1/flexform_ds_advanced.xml</sAdvanced>
>>>
>>> <sSpamProtect>EXT:comments/pi1/flexform_ds_spamprotect.xml</sSpamProtect>
>>> </sheets>
>>>
>>> so you probably add your flexform and include original one
>>>
>>> vg Steffen
>>
>> Hi Steffen.
>>
>> Unfortunatly that doesn't work, as the above example can import seperate
>> sheets, but not complete flexform files.
>> So in order for this to work, tt_news (and other) should have all it's
>> flexform sheets split up in seperate files, with one main "flexform:ds.xml"
>> that loads all the external sheets.
>>
>> That way, you just create your own "flexform:ds.xml", that loaded the same
>> external sheets as the original, + your extra sheet.
>>
>> --
>> Peter Klein
>>

>Hi Peter,
>
>ok, i see the limitation.
>What's about replacing original flexform, reading original Flexform and
>including in own?
>At least you should only have a flexform where the original values can
>be read with same reference.
>
>vg Steffen

Hi Steffen.

I ended up with something similar. I created a updf, which reads the
original FlexForm DS files, merges in my custom sheet after the
original ones and saves the modified version. The modified version is
then used to replace the original one.
This gives the admin a fairly simple way of keeping the modified FF
file up-to-date. (Providing that no other extensions do the same..)

--
Peter