[TYPO3-dev] Announcing "The Bridge" to FLOW3

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Oct 31 10:10:27 CET 2008

Hi Jochen,

> I recommend to use thebridge as a test bed if you can (installing PHP5.3
> is an obstacle). Anyway, it's worth for experienced programmers to spend
> some hours of experimenting with FLOW3 by now. It's fun ;-)

Actually I agree that it would be fun but having to use PHP5.3 means
that I may only use it locally because I only use stable versions on my
public servers. I'm not against compiling the latest official stable
version when it's not yet available in Debian (my OS) but I won't use an
alpha version there.

And I have lot's of stuff to do meaning that coding something that I
cannot use in real life (even if I would know that the framework is not
stable) means that this is a big obstacle. Furthermore, I've started a
big project and would have simply love starting it with FLOW3 but I need
first public results very soon and as such I have to stick to standard
4.x framework and will have to recode it once FLOW3 is usable on my
public server...

But I think I'll have to recode some stuff anyway once the official way
of using MVC is given with TYPO3 4.3 :-)

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html