[TYPO3-dev] Automatic clearing of old cache

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed Oct 29 16:40:06 CET 2008

Hi all,

Not wanting to reinvent the wheel, I'm asking here before developing
something.

I need to keep in check the cache table, in particular cache_pages and
the cache table of some extension of mine. Apart from a "Clear all
caches", nothing empties the cache_pages table. For example, on a client
site I have 760 entries in the cache_pages table, 720 of which are
actually expired.

I looked into the lowlevel_cleaner script but it has no such option,
although I think it would be a good candidate. Has anyone already done
something similar?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter