[TYPO3-dev] Announcing "The Bridge" to FLOW3

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Wed Oct 29 15:48:12 CET 2008

Hi.

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> OK. But I read that TYPO3 4.3 will somehow backport a few concepts of
> FLOW3, such as MVC design pattern. However it will run on PHP5.2. Thus
> we have gimmefive (which you still support and update BTW?), thebridge
> which gives full power of FLOW3 and TYPO3 4.3 which will introduce a few
> concepts.

Right. If I'd have to sort those in order of "completeness" regarding
the way of working with FLOW3 it would probably be:
  - gimmefive
  - thebridge
  - FLOW3

And TYPO3 4.3 is somewhere in a parellel universe :) It will add some
concepts as close as possible to how it is done in FLOW3, but it will
not have Dependency Injection or the persistence layer. So, this will
make migration easier, but it's not the same. That is also why it can
run on 5.2, without namespaces - same/similar concepts, different code.

Regards,
Karsten