[TYPO3-dev] Re: my first (Backend-)Extension: integrate main content into standard layout from kickstarter

Michael Kox michael at mikox.de
Tue Oct 28 15:25:31 CET 2008

I think it is not a problem of ".=" instead of "=". Even in the two lines of code, that I wrote as example, ".=" is used.
Michael
(Kiel, Germany)

Von: Xavier Perseguers <typo3 at perseguers.ch>
Betreff: Re: [TYPO3-dev] my first (Backend-)Extension: integrate main content into standard layout from kickstarter
An: typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de
Datum: Dienstag, 28. Oktober 2008, 14:27

Hello,

> A concrete example for this: In mod1/index.php from kickstarter there is a function moduleContent(). In that function: if we go to switch and to case2 we have something like:
>       $this->content.=$this->doc->section('Message #2:',$content,0,1);
> Here the html-code from $content is at the right place. But if instead of html-code I give $content a function (with php-code that creates a form),  the position of the content of this function is at the wrong place, as described at the beginning.
> How can I solve this problem?

Not very clear but I guess you tried to modify the rendering of
moduleContent() with something like

$this->content = $this->some_method_you_wrote();

Instead you should *append* the return HTML code of your method to
$this->content, meaning you should write

$this->content .= $this->come_method_you_wrote();

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html