[TYPO3-dev] howto session data during auth service

Achim Gerber achim.gerber at typo3-china.com
Tue Oct 28 10:14:13 CET 2008

Hi All,

I am implementing at the moment a special auth method, where some eID
AJAX calles generate a image with a random keypad layout. The user is
using this keypad to enter the password. The eID function is storing the
keyboard layout in the session data.

Problem: the time my auth service is called in
t3lib_userAuth::checkAuthentication this session data is not loaded yet.
Therefore I can not decode the entered password.

Is there an easy way to load the session data without reproducing the
code of actually fetching the session data in the auth service?

Greetings - Achim