[TYPO3-dev] IRRE with versioning and workspaces

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Mon Oct 27 18:06:18 CET 2008

Hi Jochen,

Jochen Rieger schrieb:
> Hi Mauro & all,
>
>> for version 4.2.x. Since version 4.2 is out, I though that it supports
>> versioning... It seems that I was wrong :-(
>
> I'd be interested in the actual state as well... last info I found in
> the ChangeLog concerning both IRRE & workspaces is:
>
> 2007-10-28  Kasper Skaarhoj <kasperYYYY at typo3.com>
>
>   * - Reverting IRRE related changes in t3lib_BEfunc done for workspaces
> by Dmitry. They were faulty.
>
> So ... this seems to be before 4.2 ... and I did not find any hint that
> it has been re-implemented...?!

Unfortunately that true. Workspaces for IRRE was integrated during the
4.2 development and also reverted by Kasper some months later. Since
workspace handling is spread all over the core it takes "some" more time
to find a good and one-size-fits-all solution.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 4.3 Release Manager