[TYPO3-dev] new EXT:categorize to categorize everything

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 12:46:52 CET 2008

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> The idea was to have one base gallery extension that does the display
> stuff. You would then have one additional extension for each storage
> mechanism: file system, database, DAM, ....
>
> The advantage I see is that I need only one configuration scheme. As the
> "magic" gallery extension would support all display options I don't have
> to worry if gallery extension X working on storage Y supports display
> mode Z. I can trust that the gallery extension knows how to display the
> stuff. All I need to do is to plug in the right storage extension.

Ok, let's try an example ;)

I think you saw Georg's rgsmoothgallery (it uses lightbox to show
images). For my own client I had to make another gallery, with 3
states (this was a requirement): thumbnails in rows, single view
(mid–sized image) and full image in popup on click in the single
view. For another project I had to make yet another gallery, with
subfolder support and quota check, which accepts codes received by
SMS using fancy GUI. I could not reuse anything in TER.

How could rgsmoothgallery and my two galleries be combined into one
extension? Do you see the way?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support