[TYPO3-dev] new EXT:categorize to categorize everything

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Oct 27 12:34:59 CET 2008

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Georg Ringer wrote:
>> Don't think that I don't like the idea of ECT but maybe ECT should be
>> happy having active developers who are connected to the community they
>> could want to integrate into the team instead of giving big -1 to new
>> projects.
>
> He got the point. Probably ECT should not try to force ECT–provided
> extensions to people but rather explain how to choose the best
> extension for the job. This will be really useful.

it was never clear stated what ECT is for and what ECT should do.
ATM i only see one point: rules for change owner of an ext key.

ECT was used in the past to make teams developing extensions together.
This is now the forge projects, where any interested dev can join an
existing project.

So before the devs uses ECT(list) it *must* consider what is ECT for.
There is a brief description in [1] i made long time ago. But ECT will
only be an authority if this is clear and devs make usage of.

Anyway devs will commit their extensions to TER which is good and bad,
but as it's open source anyone has the freedom to do that.

ECT was long time the "playground" for Elmar's lib/div so many people
lost interest on ECT.

vg Steffen

[1] http://typo3.org/teams/extension-coordination/