[TYPO3-dev] Foils needed

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Oct 22 16:08:42 CEST 2008

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> I feel ashamed when I look to the code of my first TYPO3
> extension :D Everything changes...

who doesn't ;-)

I remember when i started looking to the available books. The code
inside was horrable from today sight, i copied all relevant parts from
other extensions / internet without knowing exactly what i was doing.
I was frustrated because i didn't understood documentation of TYPO3,
most difficult was to understand what is what for: doc_core_api,
doc_core_tsref etc.

This is missing today too. Instead of having a simple list rendered on
typo3.org there should be a small introduction to each doc, what it
contains. Also the docs are spreaded over many sites.

What's about having one page "Developing TYPO3" with all relevant links
to documentation?
Look here for an example (not the best but better than ours):
http://drupal.org/contributors-guide

vg Steffen