[TYPO3-dev] New Element Wizard has no option for hiding Elements via pageTS

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Oct 22 11:21:16 CEST 2008

Hi Ernesto,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> First, the "wizard entries" are not "CType", but new tt_content records
> with "pre-filled" data: can be CType, can also be bodytext (like the
> form wizard) or a combination of fields pre-filled (CType=textpic and
> image position, or CType=list and plugin-name).
>
> I would start with a blank list and add the entries via PageTS, and have
> no hardcoded array in PHP. The "default set" that we currently see could
> be added automatically by a default PageTS provided by the "cms" extension.
>
> mod.xMOD_db_new_content_el.elements {
> 	common.header = LLL:common
> 	common.elements {
> 		regularText {
> 			icon = gfx/c_wiz/regular_text.gif
> 			title = LLL:common_regularText_title
> 			description = LLL:common_regularText_description
> 			tt_content_defValues.CType = text
> 		}
> 		textImage {
> 		}
> 	}
> 	common.order = regularText,textImage,...
> 	plugins.header = LLL:plugins
> 	plugins.elements {
> 		1.general {
> 			icon = gfx/c_wiz/user_defined.gif
> 			title = LLL:plugins_general_title
> 			description = LLL:plugins_general_description
> 			tt_content_defValues.CType = list
> 		}
> 	}
> }

very good!
TV can add a section with
   FCE.header = LLL:FCE
   FCE.elements {...}

There is the link issue left, classic wizard uses js-links
(onclick="..."), TV uses direct links to index.php.

> having that in PageTS makes it very flexible in that every admin can
> create his "own" set of wizards, remove existing one, even create
> pre-filled tt_content elements that would require an extension before.

wow, that opens a complete new horizon. I know that many people asked
for having such prefilled CEs and it wasn't possible until now :-)

> This list has to be transformed into the PHP-array which we currently
> have, because it could be manipulated by extensions via the
> $TBE_MODULES_EXT['xMOD_db_new_content_el']['addElClasses'] global
> variable (most EXT only add to the plugin_ section).

there might be a problem of order, the pageTS has to be parsed before
extension adds/manipulates that array, this has to be examioned.
In general this is indeed a very flexible way, it also keeps
backward-compatibility if we add the default elements to the default pageTS.

So these are the steps i see to get it that way:
1) create a TS-setting represent the default situation
2) modify new_element_wizard to read this into $wizard
3) change TV to use the cms wizard

As your proposal is so good, step 1 can be done very fast.
We have some grouping here that we should keep:
common
special
forms
[fce]
plugins

may be we allow own types as well, so don't care about FCE, so user can
use own types as well
fce
prefilled
so he even can rearrange existing ones or group it in another way.

vg Steffen