[TYPO3-dev] Show or hide flexform field in subject to admin account

Patrick Lobacher plobacher at n-o-g.de
Tue Oct 21 17:09:04 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,

I try to present an input field in a flexform in subject to the admin
account.

If the BE_USER isAdmin the field should be display (and processed) and
if not, the user should not even see this field (or the coresponding
value should be deleted on the way to the database).

Now the question:

- I know that this is possible with "dynaflex", but I don't want the
user of my extension to install another extension just for this simple task

- Is it possible to hide/show the field with some hook? Which one is the
correct one? getMainFields_preProcess in class.t3lib_tceforms.php?

- Is there another (simple) solution?

Thanks in advance,
Patrick