[TYPO3-dev] new EXT:categorize to categorize everything

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Oct 20 17:14:48 CEST 2008

Hi Georg,

that sounds very nice!

I was wondering how this is related to the "categories" extensions that
was being developed by Mads Brunn under the "ECT" unbrella
(http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-categories).

That extension seems also not to be finished, but it has some very nice
aspects for the backend. So maybe you could "join forces" or even merge
your work to create one single great "categorization" extension?

Another thing: have you thought about having a single global
"tx_categorize_mm" table which all other tables could use (with
tablenames + ident fields)? I was thinking something like DAM project
has done for other extensions to be able to use DAM media without having
to create aditional "MM-tables" (tx_dam_mm_ref).

Cheers,
Ernesto