[TYPO3-dev] After updating an extension...

Fr. Simon Rundell SCP simon at rundell.org.uk
Mon Oct 20 10:23:39 CEST 2008

I haven't posted for a while as I've been just quietly working away...

For once, I have done something (quite small really) to someone else's
extension, and I think it should be part of the main build...

What is the ettiquette for this? Do I email the author (ironically, Kasper)
with my new version? with a diff?  I assume that I can't update the TER
myself as  that would be quite rude: what if the original author didn't want
my addition in it.

FYI it is a small change to the rmlp_officeimport extension which takes SXW
or Office 2003 XML documents and turns them into HTML. I was disappointed to
find that the text produced on screen was not searchable as it was imported
on the fly, so I just made a small change to update the tt_content record
with an archive of what was imported and hey presto, it can now be brought
up in a search.

Simon

--
Fr. Simon Rundell SCP
Parish of S. Thomas the Apostle, Elson
email: simon at rundell.org.uk
web:   http://www.thomastheapostle.info/
blog:   http://frsimon.wordpress.com

"I came that you may have life - life in all its fullness"
                          John 10:10

READ CAREFULLY. By reading this email, you agree, on behalf of your
employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any
and all NON-NEGOTIATED  agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap,
clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and
acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered into with
your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity,
without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent
that you have the authority to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on
behalf of your employer.