[TYPO3-dev] BACK_PATH

Andreas Kundoch Andreas.Kundoch at mehrwert.de
Sun Oct 19 16:04:30 CEST 2008

Stefan Geith wrote:

> - phpMyAdmin doesn't work (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6934)
>   I changed Line 40 of phpmyadmin/modsub/conf.php to
>      $BACK_PATH=$GLOBALS['_SERVER']['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'typo3/';
>   but this doesnt work any more in newer Versions of the plugin.
>
> Couldn't Typo3 pass the $BACK_PATH to the BE-Plugins ?

For phpmyadmin it's a bit more complicated since the T3 BE module only
does the pre-signon configuration and immediately redirects to pMA. In
case the (global) extension directory is symlinked pMA cannot properly
include the config file. Even if I think this is a very special setup we
understand that it's still an annoyance. The next release of pMA (4.0.2)
addresses this issue also.

We tried severals methods (including temporary files) and finally
decided to use session vars to transfer the required information to pMA.
And we already changed the code of the 4.x branch to use typo3/mod.php
and move the required configuration into the session so we do not need
to include config files any longer.

It still needs some testing and a few minor changes. We plan to publish
the updated version (maybe including pMA 3.0.1 if it is released) next
week. If one would like to test the pre-release 4.0.2 you can grab it at
http://www.mehrwert.de/go/T3X_phpmyadmin-4_0_2-b2.t3x (3.5 MB, MD5
b50784135c35016b73d9379e3c143714)

Andreas