[TYPO3-dev] passwords can't be changed in 4.2.2 backend

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Oct 19 14:58:29 CEST 2008

Hi Ernesto,

>> I still prefer resolved status over having bugs disappear right away.
>> What do you think is wrong with that?
>
> What do you mean "disappear"? In the search it is up to you which
> filteting you want on the status. You can remove the filter on "status"
> altogether, and then even closed issues appear. I have "Hide status" =
> "resolved (and above)", meaning even resolved issues won't appear.

We are talking about the average user who doesn't change the presets and
just searchs for some words. If the bug is closed, he will not find it.

I just had exactly the same problem and did not find bug #9494 although
I searched for "undefined". When I changed the filter to show the closed
issues too, I finally found that the issue is still pending as part of a
different issue (#9497).

Meanwhile some other user did exactly what I mentioned before in this
thread and created a new issue #9597 which was about exactly the same.

> In my eyes the dupes distract from the real important stuff.

They don't but they help to find stuff more easily. Of course all
resolved issues will still be changed to closed right after every release.

Conclusion: Please keep doing it the old way and mark duplicates as
resolved. They will be found by all users (because resolved i not
excluded by default) and everyone can read the comments to see why a bug
was marked "resolved". It is important that all of us treat bugs the
same way, otherwise it will confuse users even more...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out