[TYPO3-dev] BACK_PATH

Stefan Geith typo3dev2008.nospam1 at geithware.de
Fri Oct 17 12:58:46 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> as modules declares there BACK_PATH in conf.php this might lead to
> problems using global install.

Yes it does.
I have removed typo3/ext and instead created a symbolic link to
a directory, where all my 'global' plugins reside.

FE-Plugins are o.k. but BE-Plugins make problems:
- ExtDevEval doesn't work (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6933)
   My Solution here was:
      Changes in mod1/conf.php:
         define('TYPO3_MOD_PATH', 'ext/extdeveval/mod1/');
         $BACK_PATH=$GLOBALS['_SERVER']['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'typo3/';
      Changed in mod1/index.php:
         $this->doc->backPath = '/typo3/';

- phpMyAdmin doesn't work (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6934)
   I changed Line 40 of phpmyadmin/modsub/conf.php to
      $BACK_PATH=$GLOBALS['_SERVER']['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'typo3/';
   but this doesnt work any more in newer Versions of the plugin.

- quixporer (1.7.0) doesn't work either...

> For sure there could be a condition determing the install type, but at
> all such hardcoded paths are ugly anyway.
>
> Do you have an idea for a more sophisticated solution?

Couldn't Typo3 pass the $BACK_PATH to the BE-Plugins ?

-

Stefan