[TYPO3-dev] passwords can't be changed in 4.2.2 backend

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Oct 16 14:53:45 CEST 2008

Michael Stucki wrote: on 16.10.2008 12:53:

>>> The reason for choosing resolved was that by default the closed bugs are
>>> filtered out when running a search. That also means they do not appear
>>> on the "View issues" page.
>>>
>>> I still prefer resolved status over having bugs disappear right away.
>>> What do you think is wrong with that?
>> me too, but not for dupes. For these I'd say it's fine to close them,
>> the original bug report is still there until it's resolved/closed...
>
> Well what could be the reason for having a duplicate report? Probably
> the reporter used a different wording and did not find the issue in the
> first run? In this case it may be helpful if both can still be found.
>
> After all I think both ways do not hurt, but I see little advantages in
> using the status "resolved".

Especially for the anonymous "searcher" the "resolved" status is very
confusing.

You have seen in this very thread that the confusion appeared because
the issue was marked as "resolved" and people (Francois, Steffen) were
asking "how was this resolved, the bug is still there, the patch was
never submitted, etc". Even after further digging it was clear that it
was duplicated.

I cannot see the "search" argument, as you can as well include closed
issues in your search.

Cheers,
Ernesto