[TYPO3-dev] Extensions need update for 4.3!

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Oct 13 19:12:28 CEST 2008

On Oct 13, 2008, at 10:37 AM, Ingo Renner wrote:

> ries van Twisk wrote:
>
>> Don't do tunnelvisions!!!!
>> We all know that NULL is special... you know it, I know it and the
>> rest
>> of the world knows it, period.
>
> it wasn't documented, period. And yes it special, it causes errors
> popping up.

Ingo, I don't want to bitch about this subject, but I think that
TYPO3's is a bit inconsequent here:

         function substituteMarkerArrayCached($content,
$markContentArray=array(),$subpartContentArray=array(),
$wrappedSubpartContentArray=array())       {
                 $GLOBALS['TT']->push('substituteMarkerArray');

                         // If not arrays then set them
                 if (!is_array($markContentArray))
$markContentArray=array();      // Plain markers
                 if (!is_array($subpartContentArray))
$subpartContentArray=array();   // Subparts being directly substituted
                 if (!is_array($wrappedSubpartContentArray))
$wrappedSubpartContentArray=array();    // Subparts being wrapped

Why is the is_array check there????

If what you say is right then the is_array is not needed because why
would you check if a variable is an array will it's passed as an array
in the first place??
Sound overkill to me and causes performance loss.

Or is it may be because you know that some extensions behave bad and
you don't want to end-customers see that???

Ries