[TYPO3-dev] Extensions need update for 4.3!

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Oct 13 16:54:17 CEST 2008

On Oct 13, 2008, at 9:44 AM, Ingo Renner wrote:

> ries van Twisk wrote:
>

> Hi Ries,
>
>> TYPO3 never made it clear about the ability of passing NULL as a
>> 'value'.
>> it does indeed say array, but it's not clear of not allowing to
>> pass NULL.
>
> what's not documented is not reliable and thus shouldn't be allowed,
> simple like that.

Don't do tunnelvisions!!!!
We all know that NULL is special... you know it, I know it and the
rest of the world knows it, period.

> Also consider that the internal conversion to an array
> is back from the times of php4 when something else wasn't possible.
>
> If it was welcome to pass null, it would have been documented that
> way.
TYPO3 never did show a warning when NULL was passed and silently did
a if_array internally. So one can only assume it was accepted.

Put yourself in the shoe of a extension developer that doesn't know
TYPO3 core well like you do...