[TYPO3-dev] Extensions need update for 4.3!

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Oct 13 16:28:21 CEST 2008

Jigal van Hemert wrote:

Hi Jigal,

>> many extensions using substituteMarkerArrayCached will fail in 4.3 as
>> the function changed. now all arguments has to be an array, otherwise
>> you get following error:
>
> What happened to "backwards compatibility"?

We still follow that, but I don't really care if you don't read the docs
(which includes API/phpDoc comments)
The function always said that it requires arrays, we didn't change that.
If you don't stick to the API, I really think it's not our fault, is it?

> If it were 5.0 I wouldn't mind stricter demands, but for 4.x I expect as
> many extensions as possible still to function as before. (My $0.02)

as explained, that's what we do and that's what you can expect as long
as you follow the API

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner